Friday, April 18, 2008

That Shaky Feeling.....

When I awoke this morning, and was still half-asleep, lying on my back, I felt an unusually shaky feeling. This was close to 5AM. Having been having my health issues lately and recently had my dose of fluoxetine upped, I was at least a little worried--then I rolled on my side and the disturbing feeling went away.

Soon after that I turned on a morning news show on cable and they had a breaking news bulletin. An earthquake had been felt in Illinois! It turned out to be a 5.2 on the Richter Scale, and had been felt not only in neighboring states but also in such places as Georgia and Cincinnati. Imagine my relief when I realized it hadn't just been me! The epicenter was West Salem in Southern Illinois, and was the strongest quake felt in Illinois since 1895.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Midwest lover of New Orleans and of all things having to do with Louisiana.