Tuesday, May 27, 2008

What I Found on the Bus

Saturday morning I was enroute to the mall when I noticed the bus driver reading a piece of paper. I was just a little annoyed that she wasn't giving her undivided attention to the road, but curious about what she was reading. Later that day I was taking another bus back to the mall from the theatre--and noticed a passenger sitting across from me showing someone next to him a page identical to the one I'd seen the bus driver reading that morning. Curiouser and curiouser. So when I boarded the bus to go home, naturally when I saw an identical sheet of paper in the seat across from the one I was planning to sit in, I had to pick it up. It says:

It's Nearly Midnight

My bed remains unmade

As I stare at each wrinkle in my bed sheets

I think of the Ocean's waves

Which will drown me to sleep

by
Richard J. Dillon
Militia of the Immaculate
5/21/08

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Midwest lover of New Orleans and of all things having to do with Louisiana.