Friday, February 29, 2008

Finally I'm Getting Help!

Just couldn't wait until tomorrow to share my good news!

This afternoon I had my appointment at the neighborhood clinic. The doctor was not only a very nice guy (which is always good in a doctor) he was very helpful. He listened to what I had to say and gave me a couple of mood and symptom questionnaires to fill out. The sort of thing Ed at the Human Service Center should have done.

And best of all, he gave me a couple of prescriptions: one for Zyprexa, a mood stabilizer, and the other for the generic form of Prozac. The Kroger next door charges only $4 for generics.

Also, he said I could get free counseling from the counselor in the clinic. I also need to get bloodwork done next week, because it needs to be done at a separate lab. And I've another appointment to let the doctor know how things are going on Fri., Mar. 14th.

So while I know it's going to take a long time for the meds to work, or maybe even to find the right combination of meds, I'm glad I'm finally on that road to feeling better.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Midwest lover of New Orleans and of all things having to do with Louisiana.